What a smorgasbord of violence we have this weekend! I tried to include all the big names, but some had odds that were just ridiculous, most notably Donaire and Frampton.
Get your picks in now. Saturday's fights start bright and early at 8:30am EDT.
Check last week's standings, including how many doubles and triples you have left, here.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for us to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - David Price vs Erkan Teper (3:00pm EDT Friday, July 17)
1. Price to win – risk 5 points to win 2.
2. Teper to win – risk 2 points to win 5.
B. Pick the winner - Ik Yang vs Cesar Cuenca (8:30AM EDT Saturday, July 18)
1. Yang to win – risk 5 points to win 1.
2. Cuenca to win – risk 1 points to win 5.
C. Method of victory - Scott Quigg vs Kiko Martinez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 2:00pm EDT Saturday, July 18)
1. Quigg to win – risk 10 to win 3.
2. Quigg by stoppage – risk 4 to win 9.
3. Quigg by decision – risk 6 to win 7.
4. Martinez to win – risk 3 to win 10.
D. Over/Under (10 Rounds) - Chris Arreola vs Fred Kassi (4:00pm EDT Saturday, July 18)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 5 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
E. Pick the winner - Arthur Abraham vs Robert Stieglitz (4:20pm EDT Saturday, July 18)
1. Abraham to win – risk 6 points to win 5.
2. Stieglitz to win – risk 5 points to win 6.
F. Pick the winner - McJoe Arroyo vs Arthur Villanueva (10:00pm EDT Saturday, July 18)
1. Arroyo to win – risk 8 points to win 2.
2. Vllanueva to win – risk 2 points to win 8.
G. Over/Under (10 Rounds) - Julio Cesar Chavez Jr vs Marcos Reyes (10:00pm EDT Saturday, July 18)
1. Over 6 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 6 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want to use one of your doubles on Price...
A. (2) – 1
For Selection B, if you want Cuenca without using a double or triple...
B. (1) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Quigg by decision...
C. (3) – 3
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...