The Machine headlines this weekend's action as SHO and HBO go head-to-head on Saturday night.
A huge thanks to Pick'em Game Creator and Super Inter-Continental Champion in Recess, A.F., for drawing up this week's sheet. I was short on time and called in a favor.
See last week's standings and how many doubles and triples you have left here. No really, check ... some of you are running out.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Victor Ramirez vs Ovill McKenzie (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 9:00pm EDT Friday, Oct 2)
1. Ramirez to win - risk 7.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Ramirez by stoppage - risk 4 to win 5.
3. Ramirez by decision - risk 3.5 to win 5.5.
4. McKenzie to win - risk 1.5 to win 7.5.
B. Pick the winner - Jose Pedraza vs Edner Cherry (10:00pm EDT Saturday, Oct 3)
1. Pedraza to win - risk 6.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Cherry to win - risk 1.5 points to win 6.5.
C. Pick the winner - Adrien Broner vs Khabib Allakhverdiev (10:00pm EDT Saturday, Oct 3)
1. Broner to win - risk 9 points to win 5.
2. Allakhverdiev to win - risk 5 to win 9.
D. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 10:15pm EDT Saturday, Oct 3)
1. Matthysse by decision - risk 3 points to win 11.
2. Matthysse by stoppage - risk 6 to win 8.
3. Postol by decision - risk 3.5 to win 10.5.
4. Postol by stoppage - risk 1.5 to win 12.5.
E. Over/Under (12 Rounds) - Lucas Matthysse vs Viktor Postol (10:15pm EDT Saturday, Oct 3)
1. Over 10 1/2 - risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 10 1/2 - risk 4 points to win 4.
F. Pick the winner - Antonio Orozco vs Humberto Soto (10:15pm EDT Saturday, Oct 3)
1. Orozco to win - risk 5.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Soto to win - risk 2.5 to win 5.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Ramirez by stoppage without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 2
For Selection B, if you want a double on Pedraza...
B. (2) – 1
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Broner...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...