Dillian Whyte, who fought and lost to Anthony Joshua in December but put up a far better fight than anyone else has to date against the 2012 Olympic gold medalist, trashed David Haye's return to the ring last week, and said that he'd be willing to fight Haye down the line.
Haye (27-2, 25 KO) mauled a completely overmatched Mark De Mori in the first round last Saturday, in what was Haye's first fight in three and a half years.
Whyte (16-1, 13 KO) didn't see anything impressive about the win:
"A sausage is good for two things: cooking and eating. That's what De Mori was," Whyte exclusively told Sky Sports. ""He would have got a good payday because he's fighting Haye, he was probably scared before he got in the ring. He showed symptoms in the fight that he was scared. ... The guy [Haye] fought was absolute rubbish. I was meant to fight De Mori early last year and he didn't want to fight."
Whyte went on to say that Haye "looked a bit slow," and "never showed anything that we haven't seen before." He also said he'd be happy to fight Haye or anyone else, after "a few warm-up fights."
The 27-year-old Whyte has nothing scheduled as of now, but could be back in the ring in the spring. A fight with Haye, if it were to come in the summer, perhaps, might be a good measuring stick for a potential Joshua-Haye fight late in 2016 or in early 2017.