Week 9 y'all!! The pick'em game is back! This week doesn't have the most significant fights, but there are a few interesting match-ups from Europe and beyond to keep us busy.
This week's action includes: Geale vs Quinlan, Gevor vs Simmons, Teper vs Hammer, Campbell vs Matthews, Bellew vs Flores, Paez Jr. vs Navarette, and more!
Make sure you double check those multipliers!
I went out of my way to make sure this sheet had plenty of points. With strategic use of multipliers this should be a pretty high scoring week.
"Let's get it get it get it!"
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / method of victory - Daniel Geale vs Renold Quinlan (6:00am EDT Friday, October 14th)
1. Geale to win - risk 8.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Geale by stoppage - risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
3. Geale by decision - risk 6 points to win 4.
4. Quinlan to win - risk 1.5 points to win 8.5.
B. Pick the winner - Noel Gevor vs Stephen Simmons (4:00pm EDT Friday, October 14th)
1. Gevor to win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Simmons to win - risk 3 points to win 7.
C. Pick the winner - Franz Rill vs Adrian Granat (3:00pm EDT Saturday, September 15th)
1. Rill to win– risk 3.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Granat to win – risk 4.5 points to win 3.5.
D. Pick the winner / method of victory - Erkan Teper vs Christian Hammer (3:00pm EDT Saturday, October 15th)
1. Teper to win – risk 10.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Teper by stoppage - risk 8 points to win 4.
3. Teper by decision - risk 2.5 points to win 9.5.
4. Hammer to win - risk 1.5 points to win 10.5.
E. Pick the winner - Dennis Ceylan vs Ryan Walsh (3:00pm EDT Saturday, October 15th)
1. Ceylan to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Walsh to win - risk 4 points to win 6.
F. Pick the winner - Luke Campbell vs Derry Matthews (3:00pm EDT Saturday, October 15th)
1. Campbell to win – risk 9 points to win 3.
2. Matthews to win – risk 3 points to win 9.
G. Over/under (12 rounds) - Tony Bellew vs BJ Flores (3:00pm EDT Saturday, September 17th)
1. Over 7 1/2 rounds – risk 5 points to win 5.
2. Under 7 1/2 rounds – risk 5 points to win 5.
H. Pick the winner / method of victory - Tony Bellew vs BJ Flores (3:00pm EDT Saturday, October 15th)
1. Bellew to win – risk 10.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Bellew by stoppage – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Bellew by decision - risk 3 points to win 9.
4. Flores to win - risk 1.5 points to win 10.5
I. Pick the winner - Jorge Paez Jr. vs Johnny Navarette (10:00pm EDT Saturday, October 15th)
1. Paez Jr.to win – risk 5 points to win 5
2. Navarette to win – risk 5 points to win 5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Geale to win without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Simmons to win...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Rill to win...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...