Felix Diaz will return to action on Saturday, December 10, as he’ll be taking a stay-busy fight at home in the Dominican Republic, according to ESPN.com and promoter Lou DiBella.
Diaz (18-1, 8 KO) was a 2008 Olympic gold medalist, but his pro career never really got out of the gates until last year, when he lost a controversial decision to Lamont Peterson, following that up with a win over then-unbeaten Sammy Vasquez Jr in July of this year.
Now the 32-year-old is hunting for a big fight, and DiBella says that Terence Crawford is on his wish list. But the promoter knows — and says Diaz understands -- that he has to keep making the argument for himself to get a fight like that.
Right now, Diaz has no opponent set for his fight in Punta Cana, but at best a journeyman type should be expected given the location and purpose of this bout.