So, a quick explanation. As you may have noticed, the pick'em game has abruptly stopped. Here is the deal, I have never had full posting capabilities on the site and Adam used to approve my posts and i'd publish, but Adam's posting privileges expired and now I am unable to post anything. I have requested full posting rights multiple times, but have gotten no response. So for now at least I will keep the game going as a fan post if necessary. Season 33 ended without an official post (it's sitting in the publishing que and has been for a couple weeks.) No big surprise, johnny_0 finished strong nd won the title by a healthy margin. Congrats johnny!
Week 1 is here! Because of the above mentioned issues we've had this will be a truncated 8 week season. I will not be adjusting the multipliers, so take advantage and get those points! This week has quite a few interesting and meaningful fights and a Danny boy tune up too!
This week's action includes: Amar vs Steiglitz, Sosa vs Smith, McDonell vs Solis, Hurd vs Dan, Fortuna vs Douglas, Garcia vs Vargas, Argumendo vs Jimenez and more.
All multipliers reset!
I went out of my way to make sure this sheet had plenty of points. With strategic use of multipliers this should be a pretty high scoring week.Let's start this final season of the year with a Bang!
"Let's get it get it get it!"
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / method of victory - Jamie McDonell vs Liborio Solis (2:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. McDonell to win - risk 8.5 points to win 1.5.
2. McDonell by stoppage - risk 2 points to win 8.
3. McDonell by decision - risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
4. Solis to win - risk 1.5 points to win 8.5.
B. Pick the winner - Jason Sosa vs Stephen Smith (2:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. Sosa to win – risk 6.5 points to win 5.5.
2. Smith to win - risk 5.5 points to win 6.5.
C. Pick the winner / method of victory - Luis Ortiz vs Malik Scott (2:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. Ortiz to win– risk 11 points to win 1.
2. Ortiz by stoppage – risk 8.5 points to win 3.5.
3. Ortiz by decision - risk 2.5 points to win 9.5.
4. Scott to win - risk 1 point to win 11.
D. Pick the winner - Medhi Amar vs Robert Stieglitz (3:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. Amar to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
2. Stieglitz to win - risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
E. Pick the winner - Jarett Hurd vs Jo Jo Dan (9:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. Hurd to win – risk 6.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Dan to win - risk 1.5 points to win 6.5.
F. Pick the winner - Javier Fortuna vs Omar Douglas (9:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. Fortuna to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Douglas to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
G. Over/under (12 rounds) - Danny Garcia vs Samuel Vargas (9:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. Over 4 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 4 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4.
H. Pick the winner / method of victory - Danny Garcia vs Samuel Vargas (9:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. Garcia to win – risk 9.5 points to win .5.
2. Garcia by stoppage – risk 7 points to win 3.
3. Garcia by decision - risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
4.Vargas to win - risk .5 points to win 9.5.
I. Pick the winner - Jose Argumendo vs Jose Antonio Jimenez (11:00pm EDT Saturday, November 12th)
1. Argumendo to win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Jimenez to win – risk 3 points to win 7.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want McDonell to win without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Smith win...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Ortiz Pick'em Game reborn: Season 34 - Week 1!to win...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...