Boxing is back in a big way this week with high-level fights from around the globe (well, around the Western Hemisphere, at least). Lots of picks to make, so get to work.
The second half of Season 30 starts now. Good luck!
Check last week's results and see how many doubles and triples you have here.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Method of victory - Carl Frampton vs Scott Quigg (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 1:00pm EST Saturday, Feb 27)
1. Frampton by decision - risk 5 points to win 8.
2. Frampton by stoppage - risk 3 to win 10.
3. Quigg by decision - risk 2 to win 11.
4. Quigg by stoppage - risk 3 to win 10.
B. Over/Under (12 Rounds) - Carl Frampton vs Scott Quigg (1:00pm EST Saturday, Feb 27)
1. Over 10 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 10 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
C. Pick the winner - Marco Huck vs Ola Afolabi (2:00pm EST Saturday, Feb 27)
1. Huck to win – risk 7 points to win 4.
2. Afolabi to win – risk 4 points to win 7.
D. Over/Under (10 Rounds) - Felix Verdejo vs William Silva (10:00pm EST Saturday, Feb 27)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 3.
2. Under 5 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 3.
E. Pick the winner - Terrence Crawford vs Hank Lundy (10:00pm EST Saturday, Feb 27)
1. Crawford to win – risk 9 points to win 1.
2. Lundy to win – risk 1 points to win 9.
F. Pick the winner - Gerald Washington vs Oscar Rivas (10:00pm EST Saturday, Feb 27)
1. Washington to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Rivas to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
G. Pick the winner - Julio Ceja vs Hugo Ruiz (10:00pm EST Saturday, Feb 27)
1. Ceja to win – risk 6 points to win 4.
2. Ruiz to win – risk 4 points to win 6.
H. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Leo Santa Cruz vs Kiko Martinez (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 10:00pm EST Saturday, Feb 27)
1. Santa Cruz to win - risk 10 points to win 2.
2. Santa Cruz by stoppage - risk 6.5 to win 5.5
3. Santa Cruz by decision - risk 3.5 to win 8.5
4. Martinez to win - risk 2 to win 10.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Quiqq by KO without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 4
For Selection B, if you want a double on the Over...
B. (2) – 1
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Afolabi...
C. (3) – 2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...