Another long sheet this week with lots to choose from, beginning with a title fight from Japan that starts in the wee hours of Friday morning EST (to the best of my knowledge). The rest of the action picks up on Saturday in the UK before moving to the States in the evening.
Check last week's results and see how many doubles and triples you have here.
Alrighty ... Let's get it get it get it!
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Shinsuke Yamanaka vs Liborio Solis (4:00AM EST Friday, Mar 4)
1. Yamanaka to win – risk 10.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Solis to win – risk 1.5 points to win 10.5.
B. Method of victory - Ruslan Chagaev vs Lucas Browne (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 12:00pm EST Saturday, Mar 5)
1. Chagaev by decision - risk 3 points to win 9.
2. Chagaev by stoppage - risk 5 to win 7.
3. Browne by decision - risk 1.5 to win 10.5.
4. Browne by stoppage - risk 2.5 to win 9.5.
C. Over/Under (12 Rounds) - Ruslan Chagaev vs Lucas Browne (12:00pm EST Saturday, Mar 5)
1. Over 8 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 3.
2. Under 8 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 3.
D. Pick the winner - Sam Eggington vs Bradley Skeete (3:00pm EST Saturday, Mar 5)
1. Eggington to win – risk 5 points to win 4.
2. Skeete to win – risk 4 points to win 5.
E. Pick the winner - Robinson Castellanos vs Oscar Escandon (10:00pm EST Saturday, Mar 5)
1. Castellanos to win – risk 5 points to win 2.
2. Escandon to win – risk 2 points to win 5.
F. Pick the winner - Sadam Ali vs Jessie Vargas (10:00pm EST Saturday, Mar 5)
1. Ali to win – risk 8 points to win 4.
2. Vargas to win – risk 4 points to win 8.
G. Pick the winner / Method of victory - Luis Ortiz vs Tony Thompson (technical decision counts as decision, DQ counts as stoppage - 10:00pm EST Saturday, Mar 5)
1. Ortiz to win - risk 11 points to win 1.
2. Ortiz by stoppage - risk 8 to win 4.
3. Ortiz by decision - risk 3 to win 9.
4. Thompson to win - risk 1 to win 11.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Solis without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 2
For Selection B, if you want a double on Browne by KO...
B. (2) – 4
For Selection C, if you want a triple on the Under...
C. (3) – 2
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...