Canelo Alvarez and Amir Khan both made weight today ahead of tomorrow night's big fight at T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, live on HBO pay-per-view. Alvarez and Khan both came in at 155 pounds, which was the catchweight limit for the fight.
Alvarez (46-1-1, 32 KO) will be defending the WBC and Ring Magazine middleweight championship against Khan (31-3, 19 KO), who is moving up from welterweight for the fight. Both fighters looked in good shape, like they'd comfortably made weight. It's a familiar weight for Alvarez, so the question was more about Khan, and the proof about how he'll handle the weight comes tomorrow, not today.
BLH will have live coverage for the card starting tomorrow night at 9 pm EDT / 6 pm PDT.
Pay-per-view undercard weights:
- David Lemieux 160 vs Glen Tapia 159½
- Frankie Gomez 146 vs Mauricio Herrera 145½
- Curtis Stevens 160 vs Patrick Teixeira 159
Preliminary fight weights:
- Diego De La Hoya 122 vs Rocco Santomauro 121
- Jason Quigley 160 vs James de la Rosa 162