Week 2! Admittedly this isn't the biggest weeks of boxing this year, but i think we've still managed to wrangle a solid sheet out of only a few suitable cards. Fonfara vs Smith Jr, Payano vs Warren, Lubin vs Sandoval, and a bit more!
With week 1 being abysmal for many of us pickers, week 2 surely has to be better! Even with the limited week on the schedule we still have a fair amount of points on the line. This is the perfect catch up type week with the proper use of multipliers, and also not a bad week to give the game a go if you're a newbie...a few predictable outcomes and a couple near even fights makes for a good mix.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Hugo Centeno vs Maciej Sulecki (8:30pm EDT Saturday, June 18th)
1. Centeno to win - risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
2. Sulecki to win - risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
B. Pick the winner / method of victory - Erickson Lubin vs Daniel Sandoval (8:30pm EDT Saturday, June 18th)
1. Lubin to win – risk 8.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Lubin by stoppage - risk 5.5 points to win 4.5
3. Lubin by decision - risk 3 points to win 7.
4. Sandoval to win - risk 1.5 points to win 8.5.
C. Pick the winner (draw option) - Juan Carlos Payano vs Rau'shee Warren (8:30pm EDT Saturday, June 18th)
1. Payano to win – risk 6 points to win 6.
2. Warren to win – risk 6 points to win 6.
3. Fight will end in a draw - risk 1 point to win 11.
4. Fight will end in any decision other than a draw - risk 11 points to win 1.
D. Over/under (10 rounds) - Andrzej Fonfara vs Joe Smith Jr. (8:30pm EDT Saturday, June 18th)
1. Over 5 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 5 1/2 - risk 4 points to win 4.
E. Pick the winner / method of victory - Andrzej Fonfara vs Joe Smith Jr. (8:30pm EDT Saturday, June 18th)
1. Fonfara – risk 9 points to win 1.
2. Fonfara by stoppage - risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
3. Fonfara by decision - risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
4. Smith Jr. to win - risk 1 points to win 9.
F. Pick the winner - Carlos Molina vs Javier Prieto (10:00pm EDT Saturday, June 18th)
1. Molina to win – risk 5.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Prieto to win – risk 2.5 points to win 5.5.
G. Pick the winner / method of victory - Jhonny Gonzalez vs Christopher Martin (10:00pm EDT Saturday, June 18th)
1. Gonzalez to win – risk 9 points to win 1.
2. Gonzalez by stoppage – risk 7 points to win 3.
3. Gonzalez by decision - risk 2 points 8.
4. Martin to win - risk 1 point to win 9.
H. Favorites will win/lose - Anabel Ortiz, Carlos Ocampo, Jose Uzcategui, Denis Grachev (11:00pm EDT Saturday, June 18th)
1. All favorites to win – risk 5 points to win 3.
2. Any favorite will lose or draw – risk 3 points to win 5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Centeno to win without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Sandoval to win...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Payano to win...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...