Week 3 is upon us and it's a pretty damn loaded sheet! I'm gonna make the prediction that this is the week where quite a few of you who have been struggling finally get well. There is an abundance of points to be had on this sheet (even more than usual). We have Fortuna vs Sosa (Note - 7am Friday), Groves vs Murray, Joshua vs Breazeale, Hurd vs Molina, Porter vs Thurman, and more!
This is the week for everyone to start pushing hard! We've got a bundle of points on the table and a wide variety of interesting picks and props to choose from! I fully expect scores of 50 or better for more than a couple pickers this weekend.
Time once again, so as always..."Let's get it get it get it!"
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / method of victory- Javier Fortuna vs Jason Sosa (7:00am EDT Friday, June 24th)
1. Fortuna to win - risk 9 points to win 1.
2. Fortuna by stoppage - 5.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Fortuna by decision - 3.5 points to win 6.5.
4. Sosa to win - risk 1 point to win 9.
B. Will the favorites win/lose (Joshua/Breazeale undercard) - Chris Eubank, John Wayne Hibbert, Dillian Whyte, Anthony Ogogo (3:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. All the favorites will win – risk 5 points to win 3.
2. Any favorite will lose or draw - risk 3 points to win 5.
C. Pick the winner - George Groves vs Martin Murray (3:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. Groves to win – risk 8 points to win 4.
2. Murray to win – risk 4 points to win 8.
D. Over/under (12 rounds) - Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Breazeale (3:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. Over 2 1/2 rounds – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 2 1/2 rounds - risk 4 points to win 4.
E. Pick the winner / method of victory - Anthony Joshua vs Dominic Breazeale (3:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. Joshua to win – risk 11 points to win 1.
2. Joshua by stoppage - risk 9 points to win 3.
3. Joshua by decision - risk 2 points to win 10.
4. Breazeale to win - risk 1 point to win 11.
F. Will the favorites win/lose (Thurman/Porter undercard) - Regis Prograis, David Benavidez, Adam Kownacki, Heather Hardy (7:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. All favorites will win – risk 6 points to win 2.
2. Any favorite will lose or draw – risk 2 points to win 6.
G. Pick the winner - Jarrett Hurd vs Oscar Molina (9:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. Hurd to win – risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Molina to win – risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
H. Will there be a knockdown - Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter (9:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. There will be a knockdown(s) – risk 2.5 points to win 5.5.
2. There will be no knockdown(s) – risk 5.5 points to win 2.5.
I. Pick the winner (draw option) - Keith Thurman vs Shawn Porter (9:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. Thurman to win – risk 9 points to win 6.
2. Porter to win – risk 6 points to win 9.
3. Fight will end in a draw - risk 1 point to win 14.
4. Fight will end in any DECISION other than draw - risk 14 points to win 1.
J. Pick the winner - Justin DeLoach vs Junior Castillo (11:00pm EDT Saturday, June 25th)
1. DeLoach to win – risk 5 points to win 3.
2. Castillo to win – risk 3 points to win 5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Fortuna to win without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on the favorites to lose or draw...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Groves to win...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...