Welcome all to Season 32. This promises to be another fun and interesting pick'em season. Week 1 has quite the sheet, including Maccarinelli vs Kucher, Ambunda vs Flores, Provodnikov vs Molina, Andrade vs Nelson, Martinez vs Lomachenko, and a bit more! (told you it was "quite the sheet")
Week 1, everyone starts fresh with 10 doubles and 5 triples. Use them wisely.
New Season, new start. This is the perfect time to try the game for the first time or to come back if you've gone prodigal and left your brothers and sisters at the pick'em game. We take in everyone! Come test your prognostication skills at the best pick'em game on this here Internet. A loaded sheet means a bunch of points right off the bat—time to start fast.
So, for the first time this season, let the pick'em battle cry fly..."Let's get it get it get it!"
Note - as suggested by aldogg2121 and Radu we are going to take a vote on a possible rules change. The rule in question is rule 9 of the rules sheet, regarding a draw. The rule as it currently stands : "9. On occasions when a fight ends in a draw, points (along with doubles and triples) will be refunded to all players that made a selection on the bout. However, for "method of victory" picks, players that select a fighter to win via the knock-out route, will still lose points on draw verdicts." - the proposal is to do away with the measure that states that you lose points on a stoppage pick and would make the whole thing null. There are arguments to be made on both side of this. I think another possibility would be to also penalize picking the decision outcome, only would a straight "XXXX to win" would be forgiven. Either of these are possible options, or we can just leave it the way it is. On your pick'em response if you'd like to weigh on this simply put "rules change pick" and the choice options will be 1. leave it the same, 2. forgive all picks in case of a draw, 3. penalize all "method of victory" picks in case of a draw. Abstaining is completely fine.
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Enzo Maccarinelli vs Dmytro Kucher (2:00pm EDT Friday, June 10th)
1. Maccarinelli to win - risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
2. Kucher to win - risk 5.5 points to win 4.5.
B. Pick the winner - Paulus Ambunda vs Moises Flores (12:00pm EDT Saturday, June 11th)
1. Ambunda to win – risk 5 points to win 7.
2. Flores to win - risk 7 points to win 5.
C. Favorites will win/lose -Siyabonga Siyo, Roberto Bolonti, Micki Nielsen (1:30pm EDT Saturday, June 11th)
1. All favorites to win – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Any favorite to lose/draw – risk 4 points to win 4.
D. Pick the winner - Willie Monroe Jr. vs John Thompson (7:00pm EDT Saturday, June 11th)
1. Monroe Jr. to win – risk 8 points to win 4.
2. Thompson to win - risk 4 points to win 8.
E. Pick the winner / method of victory - Demetrius Andrade vs Willie Nelson (9:00pm EDT Saturday, June 11th)
1. Andrade – risk 8.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Andrade by stoppage - risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
3. Andrade by decision - risk 6 points to win 4
4. Nelson to win - risk 1.5 points to win 8.5.
F. Pick the winner / method of victory - Ruslan Provodnikov vs John Molina Jr. (9:00pm EDT Saturday, June 11th)
1. Provodnikov to win – risk 10.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Provodnikov by stoppage – risk 8 points to win 4.
3. Provodnikov by decision - risk 2.5 to win 9.5
4. Molina to win - risk 1.5 points to win 10.5.
G. Over / under (12 rounds) - Ruslan Provodnikov vs John Molina (9:00pm EDT Saturday, June 11th)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. Under 7 1/2 – risk 4 points to win 4.
H. Favorites will win/lose - Felix Verdejo, Zou Shiming, Mike Reed (9:00pm EDT Saturday, June 11th)
1. All favorites to win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Any favorite will lose or draw – risk 3 points to win 7.
I. Pick the winner / method of victory - Vasyl Lomachenko vs Roman Martinez (10:00pm EDT Saturday, June 4th)
1. Lomachenko to win – risk 11 points to win 1.
2. Lomachenko by stoppage – risk 6.5 points to win 5.5
3. Lomachenko by decision - risk 5.5 points to win 6.5
4. Martinez to win - 1 point to win 11.
J. Over/under (12 rounds) - Vasyl Lomachenko vs Roman Martinez (10:00pm EDT Saturday, June 11th)
1. Over 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 3.
2. Under 7 1/2 – risk 3 points to win 3.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Maccarinelli to win without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Flores to win...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on the favorites to all win...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...