Week 8, starting down the home stretch and this thing is still pretty much wide open! We have another loaded sheet with a smattering of action from the weekend's biggest cards. There are a few method of victory picks and wider odds with a few live dogs, which means a ton of points on the table if those multipliers are used well.
This week's action includes: Alvarez vs Berridge and Stevenson vs Williams Jr on Friday as well as Nurse vs Coyle, Campbell vs Mendez, Redkach vs Farmer, Malignaggi vs Bracero, Harrison vs Rabchenko, Garcia vs Rojas, Santa Cruz vs Frampton, and a bit more.
This really is the last BIG week of this season. Weeks 9 and 10 will be light on action, so make sure you go big this weekend. Well placed multipliers this weekend really could make the difference for the championship. This is not to say that 9 & 10 won't have action and shouldn't be treated strategically, but i think this is probably the legit last week of the season where 50+ points is a possible outcome.
Like a bridge over troubled waters..."Let's get it get it get it!"
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner / method of victory - Eleider Alvarez vs Robert Berridge (9:00pm EDT Friday, July 29th)
1. Alvarez to win - risk 7.5 points to win 0.5.
2. Alvarez by stoppage - 5 points to win 3.
3. Alvarez by decision - risk 2.5 point to win 5.5.
4. Berridge to win - risk 0.5 to win 7.5
B. Pick the winner / method of victory - Adonis Stevenson vs Thomas Williams Jr. (9:00pm EDT Friday, July 29th)
1. Stevenson to win – risk 10 points to win 2.
2. Stevenson by stoppage - risk 8.5 points to win 3.5.
3. Stevenson by decision - risk 1.5 points to win 10.5.
4. Williams Jr. to win - 2 points to win 10.
C. Will the favorites win / lose - Josh Warrington, Gamal Yafai, Dillian Whyte, Ryan Burnett (3:30pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. All the favorites to win – risk 5 points to win 3.
2. Any favorite to lose or draw – risk 3 points to win 5.
D. Pick the winner - Tyrone Nurse vs Tommy Coyle (3:30pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. Nurse to win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Coyle to win - risk 3 points to win 7.
E. Pick the winner - Luke Campbell vs Argenis Mendez (3:30pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. Campbell to win – risk 9 points to win 3.
2. Mendez to win - risk 3 points to win 9.
F. Pick the winner - Ivan Redkach vs Tevin Farmer (7:00pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. Redkach to win – risk 4.5 points to win 7.5
2. Farmer to win – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5
G. Pick the winner - Paulie Malignaggi vs Gabriel Bracero (7:00pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. Malignaggi to win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Bracero to win – risk 3 points to win 7.
H. Pick the winner - Tony Harrison vs Sergey Rabchenko (9:00pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. Harrison to win – risk 9 points to win 3.
2. Rabchenko to win – risk 3 points to win 9
I. Pick the winner / method of victory - Mikey Garcia vs Elio Rojas (9:00pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. Garcia to win – risk 11 points to win 1.
2. Garcia by stoppage – risk 8 points to win 4.
3. Garcia by decision - risk 3 points to win 9.
4. Rojas to win - risk 1 point to win 11.
J. Will there be a knockdown? - Leo Santa Cruz vs Carl Frampton (9:00pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. There will be a knockdown(s) – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. There will be no knockdown(s) – risk 4 points to win 4.
K. Pick the winner (draw option) - Leo Santa Cruz vs Carl Frampton (9:00pm EDT Saturday, July 30th)
1. Santa Cruz to win – risk 10 points to win 5.
2. Frampton to win – risk 5 points to win 10.
3. Fight will end in a draw - risk 1 points to win 14.
4. Fight will end in any outcome other than a draw - risk 14 point to win 1.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Alvarez to win without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Williams Jr. by stoppage...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on all the favorites to win...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...