Week 2 is upon us and it's better late than never ... but it's somewhat short of spectacular. You have about 24 hours to get your picks in. I promise next week will be back to normal.
This week's action includes: Mariana Juarez vs Daniela Bermudez, Terrell Gausha vs Steven Martinez, Alfredo Angulo vs Freddy Hernandez, Robert Guerrero vs David Peralta, and Miguel Marriaga vs Guy Robb.
A few interesting fights on tap this weekend. Doing our best with a pretty slow week.
NOTE - next week is pretty slow and 2 of it's most significant fights are Wednesday morning from Japan, so we will be having a Week 3 Part A that will be up on Monday with the rest of the sheet up Wednesday or Thursday.
Again, because I'm lazy this week...Kick the tires and light the fires..."Let's get it get it get it!"
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - Mariana Juarez vs Daniela Bermudez (9:00pm EDT Saturday, August 27th)
1. Juarez to win - risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Bermudez to win - risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
B. Pick the winner - Terrell Gausha vs Steven Martinez (9:00pm EDT Saturday, August 27th)
1. Gausha to win – risk 8 points to win 2.
2. Martinez to win - risk 2 points to win 8.
C. Pick the winner / method of victory - Alfredo Angulo vs Freddy Hernandez (9:00pm EDT Saturday, August 27th)
1. Angulo to win – risk 10.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Angulo by stoppage – risk 7.5 points to win 4.5.
3. Angulo by decision - risk 3 points to win 9.
4. Hernandez to win - risk 1.5 points to win 10.5.
D. Pick the winner / method victory - Robert Guerrero vs David Peralta (9:00pm EDT Saturday, August 27th)
1. Guerrero to win – risk 11 points to win 1.
2. Guerrero by stoppage - risk 6 points to win 6.
3. Guerrero by decision - risk 5 points to win 7.
4. Peralta to win - risk 1 point to 11.
E. Will there be a knockdown - Robert Guerrero vs David Peralta (9:00pm EDT Saturday, August 27th)
1. There will be a knockdown – risk 4 points to win 4.
2. There will be no knockdown - risk 4 points to win 4.
F. Pick the winner / method of victory - Miguel Marriaga vs Guy Robb (11:00pm EDT Saturday, august 27th)
1. Marriaga to win – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Robb to win – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Juarez to win without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Martinez to win...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Angulo to win...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...