Week 2 of 4! A lesser week after a big start to the return of the game. We have some action from England and Mexico this coming saturday, but that's really about it..
So this is messy and half-assed and late, I have had no access to my home comp this week and thus could not tabulate last weeks totals, but we're going forward anyway. I know playing without knowing your exact score from last week isn't ideal, but assume it wasn't great. Most everybody got the Parker and Lemeiux stoppage picks wrong as well as Gamboa. Because of this issue on my end enjoy an extra triple and double on the house. Make things even more interesting. Sorry for the continued issues, but at least we have the game...
This week's action includes: 5 pretty interesting style match ups from jolly olde and a couple solid title fights from Mexico!
Check your multipliers!
Not the biggest weekend for name fighters, but a ton of points with the right multipliers!
Week 2 of 4! "Let's get it get it get it!"
For those that haven't played before, welcome to the best pick'em game going. Please join right in and start playing (just make sure to check out the rules - we promise they are very simple).
The numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
Please follow the instructions at the bottom of this post - it makes it easier for me to tabulate the results each week.
**** Remember you do not need to make a selection on every fight; you are free to PASS on any pick. But you must make at least one selection to receive the 10 point participation bonus****
A. Pick the winner - James "Jazza" Dickens vs Thomas Patrick Ward (5:00pm EDT Saturday, May 13th)
1. Dickens to win - risk 6.5 points to win 3.5.
2. Ward to win - risk 3.5 points to win 6.5.
B. Pick the winner / method of victory - Josh Warrington vs Kiko Martinez (5:00pm EDT Saturday, May 13th)
1. Warrington to win – risk 11 points to win 1.
2. Warrington by stoppage - risk 3 points to win 9.
3. Warrington by decision - risk 8 points to win 4.
4. Martinez to win - risk 1 point to win 11.
C. Pick the winner - Sean Davies vs Gamael Yafai (5:00pm EDT Saturday, May 13th)
1. Davies to win– risk 1.5 points to win 6.5.
2. Yafai to win – risk 6.5 points to win 1.5.
D. Pick the winner - Cerefino Rodriguez vs Sam Eggington (5:00pm EDT Saturday, May 13th)
1. Rodriguez to win – risk 2 points to win 8.
2. Eggington to win - risk 8 points to win 2.
E. Pick the winner - Khalid Yafai vs Suguru Muranaka (5:00pm EDT Saturday, May 13th)
1. Yafai to win – risk 7 points to win 3.
2. Muranaka to win - risk 3 points to win 7.
F. Pick the winner - Jessica Chavez vs Ana Arrazola (10:00pm EDT Saturday, May 13th)
1. Chavez to win – risk 7.5 points to win 2.5.
2. Arrazola to win – risk 2.5 points to win 7.5.
G. Pick the winner - Marco Anonio Periban vs Avni Yildirim (10:00pm EDT Saturday, May 13th)
1. Periban to win – risk 2 points to win 8.
2. Yilidirim to win – risk 8 points to win 2.
H. Pick the winner / method of victory- Jose Argumendo vs Gabriel Mendoza (11:00pm EDT Saturday, May 13th)
1. Argumendo to win – risk 8.5 points to win 1.5.
2. Argumendo by stoppage – risk 4 points to win 6.
3. Argumendo by decision - risk 4.5 points to win 5.5.
4. Mendoza to win - risk 1.5 points to win 8.5.
Please fill out your selections as follows:
Enter the LETTER of the fight first, then whether it’s a single (1), double (2) or triple (3) followed by the NUMBER of your pick. (The name of the fighter and method of victory are optional).
**** You have 10 doubles and 5 triples to use over the 10 week season ****
For Selection A, if you want Jazza to win without using a double or triple...
A. (1) – 1
For Selection B, if you want a double on Martinez win...
B. (2) – 2
For Selection C, if you want a triple on Davies to win...
C. (3) – 1
For Selection D, if you wish to pass...