This evening at 6 pm ET, Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor take to the scales ahead of tomorrow night’s Showtime pay-per-view fight, Mayweather’s return after two years in semi-retirement, and McGregor’s first-ever pro boxing match.
Mayweather (49-0, 26 KO) and McGregor (21-3, 18 KO in MMA) will be fighting in boxing’s junior middleweight division, with a limit of 154 pounds. Mayweather has expressed some concern that McGregor may not make weight, but MMA fighters are used to, frankly, extreme weight cuts during fight week, so personally I have no expectations that McGregor won’t make 154.
Also weighing in will be the undercard fighters, and it’s a big lineup, including three undercard bouts on pay-per-view, and two prelim undercard fights airing live on FOX tomorrow night. Here’s the lineup:
- Nathan Cleverly (30-3, 16 KO) vs Badou Jack (21-1-2, 12 KO), light heavyweights, 12 rounds
- Gervonta Davis (18-0, 17 KO) vs Francisco Fonseca (19-0-1, 13 KO), super featherweights, 12 rounds
- Andrew Tabiti (14-0, 12 KO) vs Steve Cunningham (29-8-1, 13 KO), cruiserweights, 10 rounds
- Yordenis Ugas (19-3, 9 KO) vs Thomas Dulorme (24-2, 16 KO), welterweights, 10 rounds
- Jose Miguel Borrego (13-0, 12 KO) vs Juan Heraldez (12-0, 8 KO), junior welterweights, 10 rounds