The Nov. 17 DAZN card headlined by Jarrell Miller vs Bogdan Dinu is headed to the Kansas Star Casino in Mulvane, Kansas, moving from its original destination, Atlantic City.
ESPN reports that the big reason for the move is the addition to the card of 2016 Olympic bronze medalist Nico Hernandez (5-0, 4 KO), a flyweight prospect who is already a draw in his home state. The 22-year-old has fought all five of his pro bouts in Kansas, two in Mulvane.
It’s a deep card without any real marquee matchups, a clear early staple of these Eddie Hearn/DAZN cards in the United States.
- Miller (22-0-1, 19 KO) is an emerging heavyweight contender and will be facing Romania’s Dinu (18-0, 14 KO) for the vacant WBA “world” heavyweight title
- IBF and WBA middleweight titleholder Claressa Shields (6-0, 2 KO) will face Hannah Rankin (5-2, 1 KO)
- Hernandez (5-0, 4 KO) will face someone to be named, it’ll be a typical prospect bout, but again, he’s being booked as a ticket seller here
- Brandon Rios (34-4-1, 25 KO) will return to action in his original home state, too, taking on Canelo Alvarez’s older brother Ramon Alvarez (27-6-3, 16 KO)
- Gabriel Rosado (24-11, 14 KO) will meet Luis Arias (18-1, 9 KO) in a middleweight fight
- Ricky Burns (42-7-1, 15 KO) will be in lightweight action
The card will be officially announced on Saturday in New York.