Vasyl Lomachenko is clearly feeling OK after his shoulder surgery last week, as he was found out and about in Beverly Hills by TMZ, who stopped and asked him what would be next.
As expected, and as promoter Bob Arum has discussed, Lomachenko said he’d probably be back late this year.
“Maybe it will be in December. (Mikey Garcia) won’t be next,” he told TMZ, adding that his recent surgery went well.
Asked about Gervonta Davis, Lomachenko said he’s going to stay at 135 and that Davis would have to come up and fight at lightweight. He also said he thinks it would be a pay-per-view fight. That’s probably debatable, since neither of them have pay-per-view experience and Davis hasn’t even been a headline fighter off of pay-per-view yet.
Lomachenko (11-1, 9 KO) last fought on May 12, moving up to 135 to win the WBA “world” title from Jorge Linares via 10th round stoppage on a body shot. He suffered the shoulder injury, a torn labrum, in the second round of the fight.