Promoter Eddie Hearn of Matchroom Boxing has signed several notable fighters to either promotional deals or co-promotional deals in preparation of filling out his American ranks in particular for his big deal with the streaming service DAZN, which launches in the United States on September 10 and will feature the September 22 bout between Anthony Joshua and Alexander Povetkin.
Here’s a quick rundown of the fighters Hearn has new deals with:
- Demetrius Andrade (25-0, 16 KO), a former junior middleweight titleholder and current middleweight contender
- Artur Beterbiev (12-0, 12 KO), a light heavyweight titleholder
- Maurice Hooker (24-0-3, 16 KO), a junior welterweight titleholder
- Danny Roman (25-2-1, 9 KO), a super bantamweight titleholder
- Jessie Vargas (28-2-1, 10 KO), a former welterweight titleholder and current contender in the division
He’s also in the process, ESPN reports, of finalizing a two-fight deal with heavyweight contender Jarrell Miller (21-0-1, 18 KO). Joshua and Miller had a confrontation at Tuesday’s presser.
The first U.S. card for DAZN will be a pretty big one, streaming on October 6 from Chicago. Vargas will be in the main event, but Andrade and Miller will also be in action, plus Beterbiev’s title defense against Callum Johnson, and Katie Taylor defending her lightweight title against Cindy Serrano.