- Jay Harris KO-4 Paddy Barnes (2:14)
- Sean McComb PTS-8 Emiliano Rodriguez (79-73)
- Pierce O’Leary PTS-4 Oscar Amador (40-36)
- Terry Flanagan DQ-4 Michael Ansah (2:58)
- Seanie Duffy PTS-4 Edwin Tellez (40-36)
- Paddy Donovan KO-1 Arturo Lopez (1:16)
This afternoon at 3 pm ET streaming live on ESPN+, MTK Global presents a show from Belfast’s historic Ulster Hall, headlined by a flyweight main event between Jay Harris and Paddy Barnes.
Harris, 29, is a native of Swansea, Wales, and the current European flyweight champion, a title he won on June 1 in Cardiff by beating Angel Moreno. That title isn’t on the line in this fight against Barnes, but a minor IBF belt is up for grabs.
Barnes, 32, seems to have left his best days in the amateurs, where the Belfast native represented Ireland at the 2008, 2012, and 2016 Olympics, winning bronze in 2008 and 2012. He fought for a world title in Aug. 2018, knocked out in four by Cristofer Rosales, then moved up in weight and lost a six-round decision to Oscar Mojica earlier this year in New York. He entertained retirement, but came back in August and won a tune-up fight in Belfast, and now he tries his hand perhaps just the one more time as a serious competitor in the pro ranks.
The show will also feature Sean McComb, former lightweight titleholder Terry Flanagan, and the pro debuts of Paddy Donovan and Pierce O’Leary.
Main Card (ESPN+, 3:00 pm ET)
- Swing: Seanie Duffy (2-0, 1 KO) vs Edwin Tellez (12-57-5, 6 KO), lightweights, 4 rounds
- Paddy Donovan (debut) vs Arturo Lopez (5-13-3, 0 KO), welterweights, 6 rounds
- Terry Flanagan (34-2, 14 KO) vs Michael Ansah (17-9-2, 11 KO), junior welterweights, 8 rounds
- Pierce O’Leary (debut) vs Oscar Amador (10-22, 1 KO), junior welterweights, 4 rounds
- Sean McComb (8-0, 4 KO) vs Emiliano Rodriguez (23-5, 9 KO), junior welterweights, 8 rounds
- Jay Harris (16-0, 8 KO) vs Paddy Barnes (6-2, 1 KO), flyweights, 10 rounds