- Chad Dawson UD-8 Denis Grachev (79-73, 80-72, 80-72)
- Cassius Chaney KO-1 Santander Silgado (1:03)
- Jimmy Williams D-6 Jose Medina (56-58, 57-57, 58-56)
- Sharad Collier TKO-4 Glenn Mitchell (2:12)
Tonight at 9 pm ET streaming live on UFC Fight Pass, CES Boxing presents former light heavyweight champion Chad Dawson against Denis Grachev in the main event from Hartford, Connecticut.
Dawson, now 37, has been sort of in and out of boxing for several years now, following back-to-back stoppage losses to Andre Ward and Adonis Stevenson in 2012-13. He lost to Tommy Karpency in 2014 and Andrzej Fonfara in 2017, and returned after over two years inactive in June, beating Quinton Rankin by decision in an eight-rounder.
Tonight’s fight with the 37-year-old Russian Grachev is also scheduled for eight rounds. Grachev gave Lucian Bute a tougher than expected fight in 2012, but that and a win over Zsolt Erdei in 2013 were the peak of his boxing career. He’s 6-7 since then and hasn’t beaten anyone good.
The show tonight will also feature heavyweight Cassius Chaney, an unbeaten 32-year-old, against veteran Santander Silgado, plus more.
Main Card (UFC Fight Pass, 9:00 pm ET)
- Chad Dawson (35-5, 19 KO) vs Denis Grachev (19-8-1, 10 KO), light heavyweights, 8 rounds
- Cassius Chaney (16-0, 10 KO) vs Santander Silgado (28-7, 22 KO), heavyweights, 8 rounds
- Jimmy Williams (16-3-1, 5 KO) vs Jose Medina (18-17-1, 7 KO), junior middleweights, 6 rounds
- Sharad Collier (2-0-1, 2 KO) vs Glenn Mitchell (3-3, 3 KO), lightweights, 4 rounds