- Xavier Martinez KO-1 Jessie Cris Rosales (0:21)
- Richardson Hitchins UD-10 Kevin Johnson (96-94, 97-93, 97-93)
- Kevin Newman II UD-8 Marcos Hernandez (79-73, 79-73, 80-72)
- Rolando Romero KO-1 Juan Carlos Cordones (2:14)
Tonight at 10:30 pm ET on Showtime, ShoBox: The New Generation is back with a quadrupleheader from Sam’s Town in Las Vegas, with Mayweather Promotions prospects in action.
In the 10-round super featherweight main event, 22-year-old Xavier Martinez of Sacramento returns against young veteran Jessie Cris Rosales. Martinez was impressive last time out, stopping John Vincent Moralde in the third round. Rosales, 27, has lost three of his last four, dropping fights to Jhonny Gonzalez, Shakur Stevenson, and Tyler McCreary, but his most recent win was a solid one, too, as he knocked out Ibrahim Balla in two.
22-year-old junior welterweight prospect Richardson Hitchins of New York will return, too, facing Kevin Johnson in a 10-round welterweight matchup. This is not the heavyweight Johnson, obviously, but a 27-year-old Detroit native whose lone pro loss was an eight-round decision defeat to former Olympic gold medalist Fazliddin Gaibnazarov, and Johnson won a couple rounds in that fight.
26-year-old Marcos Hernandez and 27-year-old Kevin Newman II will meet in an eight-round super middleweight rematch (Hernandez won a six-round decision in 2017), and 24-year-old Las Vegas lightweight prospect Rolando Romero will take on Juan Carlos Cordones in an six-round fight at junior welterweight.
Full Card (SHO, 10:30 pm ET)
- Xavier Martinez (14-0, 10 KO) vs Jessie Cris Rosales (22-3-1, 10 KO), super featherweights, 10 rounds
- Richardson Hitchins (9-0, 5 KO) vs Kevin Johnson (7-1, 4 KO), welterweights, 10 rounds
- Marcos Hernandez (14-2-1, 3 KO) vs Kevin Newman II (10-1-1, 6 KO), rematch, super middleweights, 8 rounds
- Rolando Romero (9-0, 8 KO) vs Juan Carlos Cordones (14-1, 9 KO), junior welterweights, 6 rounds