- Carlos Morales Tech. D-6 Mercito Gesta (57-57, 57-57, 58-56)
- Jonathan Oquendo UD-10 Charles Huerta (100-90, 100-90, 100-90)
- Travell Mazion UD-10 Diego Cruz (98-91, 99-90, 99-90)
Tonight at 10 pm ET streaming live on DAZN and also streaming on Facebook, Thursday Night Fights is back with a lightweight main event from Belasco Theater in Los Angeles, as Carlos Morales takes on Mercito Gesta in a 10-round fight.
Morales is a staple on these Golden Boy cards in California, and is always a tough competitor. After starting his career 0-1-3, the 29-year-old Morales has become a very solid pro, never an easy out.
Gesta was a hyped prospect, but the Filipino southpaw has just never quite lived up to that early push. Now 32, Gesta has lost two of his last three, dropping a world title bout with Jorge Linares in 2018, which was expected, and a TKO defeat against Juan Rodriguez on March 21, which was not.
This is pretty much must-win for these guys if they want to stay near a world title fight, which may sound beyond their reach, but lots of guys get world title fights, it’s not like it’s only the elite fighting for world titles in boxing.
In the co-feature, veterans Charles Huerta and Jonathan Oquendo meet in a 10-round super featherweight bout for a minor WBO belt, and the opener will see junior middleweight prospect Travell Mazion take on Diego Cruz, also set for 10 rounds.
This has been a fun series all year long, and tonight should be no different. Join us!
Main Card (DAZN/Facebook, 10:00 pm ET)
- Carlos Morales (19-4-3, 8 KO) vs Mercito Gesta (32-3-2, 17 KO), lightweights, 10 rounds
- Charles Huerta (21-6, 12 KO) vs Jonathan Oquendo (30-6, 19 KO), super featherweights, 10 rounds
- Travell Mazion (15-0, 12 KO) vs Diego Cruz (19-7-2, 15 KO), junior middleweights, 10 rounds