- Ismael Barroso UD-12 Yves Ulysse Jr (115-113, 115-113, 117-111)
- D’Mitrius Ballard D-10 Yamaguchi Falcao (95-95, 95-95, 97-93)
- Mihai Nistor TKO-3 Christian Mariscal (2:00)
Tonight at 10 pm ET streaming live on DAZN and for free on Golden Boy’s Facebook page, Thursday Night Fights returns from Costa Mesa, California, with Yves Ulysse Jr taking on Ismael Barroso in the 140-pound main event.
Ulysse, 31, is a Montreal fighter who suffered an upset loss to Steve Claggett in 2017, but has come back to win his last four, including revenge over Claggett in April of this year. Barroso, 36, is a Venezuelan veteran, a puncher who challenged Anthony Crolla for a lightweight title in 2016 and has lost three of his last five, but the losses have all been to quality opponents (Crolla, Isa Chaniev, and Batyr Akhmedov).
Ulysse-Barroso will have the WBA’s “gold” title on the line, and is set for 12 rounds.
The co-feature will be a 10-round middleweight bout between unbeaten 26-year-old D’Mitrius Ballard and former Olympian Yamaguchi Falcao of Brazil. Falcao is coming off of a loss to Chris Pearson, while Ballard’s last bout iended in a no-contest due to a cut on opponent Elias Espadas.
29-year-old Romanian heavyweight Mihai Nistor will make his pro debut in the opener. Nistor was a good amateur, going a reported 138-19, and he fought at Rio 2016, losing in the round of 16 to Jordan’s Hussein Ishaish. He’s best known for a 2011 win over Anthony Joshua.
- Yves Ulysse Jr (18-1, 9 KO) vs Ismael Barroso (21-3-2, 20 KO), junior welterweights, 12 rounds
- D’Mitrius Ballard (20-0, 13 KO) vs Yamaguchi Falcao (16-1, 7 KO), middleweights, 10 rounds
- Mihai Nistor (debut) vs Christian Mariscal (13-4, 6 KO), heavyweights, 6 rounds
- Swing: George Rincon (8-0, 5 KO) vs Antonio Flores (8-1, 2 KO), junior welterweights, 6 rounds