Today at 3:30 pm ET from Morningside Arena in Leicester, England, Sam Bowen returns in the main event to defend his British super featherweight title against Jordan McCorry. The fights will stream live on ESPN+ in the United States, and air on BT Sport in the United Kingdom.
Bowen (14-0, 10 KO) won the vacant 130-pound belt in April 2018, beating Maxi Hughes via eighth round stoppage. He last fought on Oct. 6, knocking out Horacio Alfredo Cabral in the fourth round, and now makes his first British title defense.
McCorry (17-4-1, 4 KO) last fought on Dec. 13 in Switzerland, losing a 12-round decision to Patrick Kinigamazi.
The other really notable fight on the card will see heavyweight prospect Nathan Gorman (15-0, 11 KO) take on American veteran Kevin Johnson (34-12-1, 18 KO), who has stepped in on very short notice. The 22-year-old Gorman is looking like a solid domestic prospect at worst. The 39-year-old Johnson is best known for stinking out the joint from a fan/action perspective, but he gives prospects valuable rounds, too.
The rest of the card:
- Sam Maxwell (10-0, 8 KO) vs Sabri Sediri (10-0-1, 5 KO), junior welterweights, 10 rounds
- CJ Challenger (9-0, 2 KO) vs Kyle Haywood (8-0, 1 KO), junior middleweights, 10 rounds
- Leon Woodstock (11-1, 5 KO) vs Sergio Gonzalez (10-13-5, 7 KO), super featherweights, 8 rounds
- Troy Williamson (8-0-1, 5 KO) vs Yasin Hassani (4-1, 4 KO), middleweights, 8 rounds
- Willy Hutchinson (6-0, 4 KO) vs Daniel Borisov (7-24-2, 0 KO), light heavyweights, 6 rounds
- Tommy Fury (1-0, 0 KO) vs Maksims Ogurcovs (0-3, 0 KO), cruiserweights, 4 rounds
- Mark Chamberlain (1-0, 1 KO) vs Laszlo Szoke (2-2, 2 KO), lightweights, 4 rounds
- Ryan Hatton (4-0, 3 KO) vs Kiril Psonko (18-42-2, 11 KO), light heavyweights, 4 rounds
- Callum Blockley (3-0, 0 KO) vs Dale Arrowsmith (2-25-1, 1 KO), welterweights, 4 rounds