Catch up anything you may have missed with the roundup!
We’re in the final leg of Joshua-Ruiz fight week. The two met up at their final presser on Thursday, saying about what you’d expect. After the presser, Ruiz said he feels he needs the KO and also that he can win by decision. Joshua asked not to talk about Wilder, then spent a lot of time talking about Wilder.
Common opponent Joseph Parker, who went the distance with both Joshua and Ruiz, broke down the matchup.
Today, we’ll have live coverage of the weigh-in at 3:30 pm ET, plus our staff picks go up at Noon ET.
As for Wilder, he spoke with the LA Times and laid out his case against Joshua and why the fight isn’t happening any time soon. It’s his side, Joshua has his side, and the truth is probably somewhere in the middle of their stories.
- Hey, did you know there’s an FS1 card on Saturday, too? Devon Alexander headlines against Ivan Redkach, and we did a preview.
- Tyson Fury is — shocker! — again not at all interested in facing Dillian Whyte. Fury also shared his feelings on several heavyweights past and present. The second thing is more amusing than the first.
- Chris Algieri believes Manny Pacquiao has a good shot against Keith Thurman.
- Jermall Charlo and Brandon Adams officially announced their June 29 Showtime fight with a presser in Houston. Charlo also said he’d call out Canelo and Demetrius Andrade again once more before moving on. I’m sure they’re both in a real state of panic about it.
- Lightweight prospect Gabriel Flores Jr will be back on June 8 against Salvador Briceno. The card — headlined by Oscar Valdez vs Jason Sanchez — will also feature Andy Vences vs Albert Bell, Michael Seals, and Robson Conceicao.
- Heavyweight prospects Jermaine Franklin and Otto Wallin return on July 12 in a ShoBox doubleheader from Tacoma, Washington.
- Aston Palicte is finishing up training for his super flyweight title fight against Kazuto Ioka on June 19.
- DiBella Entertainment has signed 130-pound prospect Joshafat Ortiz.