Gennadiy Golovkin and Steve Rolls are going to have whatever fight they’re going to have tomorrow, but both guys looked in great shape today on the scales, making weight for their Saturday night main event on DAZN.
Golovkin (38-1-1, 34 KO) and Rolls (19-0, 10 KO) are fighting at a 164-pound catchweight, and both came in a bit under. GGG weighed in at 163, with Rolls at 163¾. Both told Claudia Trejos that they felt good at the weight and prepared for the Madison Square Garden headline fight.
Golovkin is, of course, a huge favorite on the sports books, and our staff are all picking him to close the show early. But we have had that run of upsets recently, including Andy Ruiz Jr beating Anthony Joshua last weekend at MSG on DAZN, and they fight the fights for a reason.
Here are the weights for the the rest of the fights on the show, which begins at 7 pm ET on DAZN with the prelims, with the main card starting at 9 pm ET, also on DAZN:
- Ali Akhmedov 167½ vs Marcus McDaniel 168
- Brian Ceballo 147½ vs Bakhtiyar Eyubov 148
- Israil Madrimov 153¼ vs Norberto Gonzalez 152¾
- Charles Conwell 153½ vs Courtney Pennington 152
- Nikita Ababiy 162½ vs Juan Francisco Barajas 157¼
- Johnathan Arroyo 146¼ vs Jordan Morales 146