- Toka Kahn Clary UD-10 Irvin Gonzalez (98-92, 99-91, 99-91)
- Alicia Napoleon-Espinosa TKO-4 Schemelle Baldwin (1:30)
- Hurshidbek Normatov UD-8 Walter Wright (79-73, 80-72, 80-72)
- Kali Reis UD-6 Patricia Juarez (60-54, 60-54, 60-54)
- Stephan Shaw TKO-4 Willie Jake Jr (0:56)
Tonight at 9:00 pm ET streaming live on UFC Fight Pass, Lou DiBella’s Broadway Boxing is back from Mashantucket, Connecticut, with an interesting main event and a world title co-feature.
In the main event, Toka Kahn Clary faces Irvin Gonzalez in a 10-round super featherweight bout. Clary, 27, moved up to 130 on May 17 and looked sharp in victory, following his Oct. 2018 loss to Kid Galahad in a featherweight title eliminator. Gonzalez, 23, was also on that May 17 card, and the then-unbeaten prospect lost a stunner to Elijah Pierce, a TKO-3 finish.
It’s interesting because it’s extremely aggressive on Gonzalez’s side to go from losing an upset like that to facing Toka Kahn Clary, which is actually a pretty decent step up in competition for Gonzalez. They could easily have matched Gonzalez softer for a fight or two to get his confidence back up, but they’re going sink-or-swim here instead.
In the co-feature, WBA super middleweight titleholder Alicia Napoleon-Espinosa, 33, will defend her title against Schemelle Baldwin. Napoleon-Espinosa isn’t really a super middleweight, though she did weigh in at a career-high 161 for this fight, so she’s at least within the realm of the division for once. And Baldwin, also 33, is coming off of a four-round draw with a fighter who came in 0-2 in her last outing, and has never fought anyone who had won a fight before. But it’s women’s boxing; the talent pool by division is generally pretty shallow if you’re willing to be honest about the state of things, and it’s really shallow at 168.
Full Card (UFC Fight Pass, 9:00 pm ET)
- Toka Kahn Clary (26-2, 18 KO) vs Irvin Gonzalez (12-1, 9 KO), super featherweights, 10 rounds
- Alicia Napoleon-Espinosa (11-1, 6 KO) vs Schemelle Baldwin (3-0-1, 2 KO), super middleweights, 10 rounds
- Hurshidbek Normatov (8-0, 3 KO) vs Walter Wright (17-6, 8 KO), junior middleweights, 8 rounds
- Kali Reis (15-7-1, 5 KO) vs Patricia Juarez (4-1, 0 KO), welterweights, 6 rounds
- Stephan Shaw (11-0, 8 KO) vs Willie Jake Jr (8-2-1, 2 KO), heavyweights, 8 rounds