- Adam Kownacki UD-12 Chris Arreola (117-111, 117-111, 118-110)
- Jean Pascal TD-8 Marcus Browne (75-74, 75-74, 75-74)
- Wale Omotoso TKO-3 Curtis Stevens (1:28)
Premier Boxing Champions is back tonight at 8 pm ET from Brooklyn’s Barclays Center, headlined by a heavyweight clash between rising contender Adam Kownacki and faded slugger Chris Arreola.
Kownacki, 30, and Arreola, 38, do figure to produce fireworks, and if they slug it out as could be reasonably expected, it may come down to who lands the first big bomb. Kownacki is unbeaten and right around the back end of the top 10 in the division, while Arreola is past his best days and says he’ll retire for good the next time he loses. But when the big guys throw leather, you never know, and Arreola can punch.
The co-feature is a light heavyweight bout between top contender Marucs Browne and former champ Jean Pascal. The 28-year-old Browne should be the big favorite here, as he’s in his prime and coming off a very good win over Badou Jack, while the 36-year-old Pascal has gone 4-4 in his last eight overall, 0-4 against top fighters in that stretch, and is coming off of a one-sided loss to Dmitry Bivol in November.
The opener will see slugger Curtis Stevens move down from middleweight to 154 looking for a new lease on his career, facing gatekeeper Wale Omotoso, who has never been stopped.
Main Card (FOX, 8 pm ET)
- Curtis Stevens (30-6, 22 KO) vs Wale Omotoso (27-4, 21 KO), junior middleweights, 10 rounds
- Marcus Browne (23-0, 16 KO) vs Jean Pascal (33-6-1, 20 KO), light heavyweights, 12 rounds
- Adam Kownacki (19-0, 15 KO) vs Chris Arreola (38-5-1, 33 KO), heavyweights, 12 rounds