- Brad Foster D-10 Lucien Reid (112-116, 114-114, 114-114)
- Sunny Edwards UD-10 Hugo Rosendo Guarneros (99-91, 99-91, 100-90)
- Kody Davies UD-10 Zak Chelli (96-94, 96-93, 97-92)
- Shakan Pitters UD-10 Dec Spelman (97-93, 97-93, 97-93)
Sunny Edwards will move down to flyweight today at London’s famed York Hall, taking on Hugo Rosendo Guarneros in a fight positioned as a co-main event with a British and Commonwealth super bantamweight title bout between Brad Foster and Lucien Reid.
The fights will go live today at 3 pm ET on ESPN+ in the US and BT Sport in the UK.
Edwards, 23, is the younger brother of WBC flyweight titleholder Charlie Edwards, and it’s Sunny who is seen by many as the more talented of the two, with a potentially even higher upside. He’s been competing at 115, but today there will be a fair of minor flyweight titles on the line as he tests the waters at the lower weight.
Guarneros, 28, is coming over from Mexico, 1-1-1 in his last three, basically been a club fighter there. But he did win his last fight on May 24, and you never know, I suppose.
Foster, 21, won the British 122-pound title against Josh Wale in March, then unified that with the Commonwealth title in May, beating Ashley Lane in Stevenage. Reid, 25, is unbeaten, as is Foster, but he’s also not been tested at all, really.
The show will also feature a pair of light heavyweight bouts. Dec Spelman will take on Shakan Pitters in one, while Zak Chelli and Kody Davies meet in a British title eliminator in the other, both set for 10 rounds.
Here’s the full run order:
Main Card (ESPN+, 3:00 pm ET)
- Dec Spelman (16-2, 8 KO) vs Shakan Pitters (12-0, 4 KO), rematch, light heavyweights, 10 rounds
- Zak Chelli (7-0, 3 KO) vs Kody Davies (9-0, 3 KO), light heavyweights, 10 rounds
- Sunny Edwards (12-0, 4 KO) vs Hugo Rosendo Guarneros (16-2-2, 8 KO), flyweights, 10 rounds
- Brad Foster (11-0-1, 4 KO) vs Lucien Reid (8-0-1, 4 KO), super bantamweights, 12 rounds