- Daniel Jacobs SD-12 Gabriel Rosado (113-115, 115-113, 115-113) [Recap]
- Daniyar Yeleussinov TKO-2 Julius Indongo (1:24) [Recap]
- Nikita Ababiy UD-6 Brandon Maddox (59-55, 59-55, 59-55) [Recap]
- Mahammadrasul Majidov TKO-3 Sahret Delgado (0:47) [Recap]
- Emmanuel Tagoe MD-10 Mason Menard (95-95, 96-94, 98-92) [Recap]
Tonight at 8 pm ET streaming live on DAZN, former middleweight titlist Daniel Jacobs continues his super middleweight journey, facing Gabriel Rosado in a 12-round main event at 168 pounds, as the two look to settle a personal beef that has escalated over the year on social media and whatnot.
If that sounds like a way to try to make this matchup between the 33-year-old Jacobs and the 34-year-old Rosado more interesting, well, it is. That’s kind of been the point of the whole thing. Jacobs-Rosado is a fairly tough sell as a main event on a major outlet, but it’s what we have to work with here. And if you’ve actually read this far on the post, you’re for sure a goofy boxing fan (in a good way, we all are here), so you’re going to watch either way, what’s it matter?
Jacobs will be a heavy favorite — all our staffers are taking him with no second thoughts, though that hasn’t always meant anything, admittedly — and he’s a level of opponent that Rosado has, while certainly being better than his mediocre record, never beaten.
How to Watch Jacobs vs Rosado
Date: Friday, Nov. 27 | Start Time: 8:00 pm ET
Location: Seminole Hard Rock - Hollywood, FL
Demetrius “Boo Boo” Andrade was meant to test the waters at 168 with a tune-up fight on this card, but his opponent pulled out, so the WBO middleweight titleholder will not be fighting on the card, as there was no time to find a suitable replacement, although that would perhaps suggest he had a suitable opponent in the first place, which is questionable at best.
There will be some fighters of note in action on the undercard, though. 2016 Olympic gold medalist and welterweight prospect Daniyar Yeleussinov will take on former 140-pound titleholder Julius Indongo; 2012 Olympic bronze medalist Mahammadrasul Majidov will take on Puerto Rican Sahret Delgado in a meeting of unbeaten heavyweights; middleweight Nikita Ababiy faces Brandon Maddox; and Ghanaian lightweight Emmanuel Tagoe is looking to make a bigger mark at 135, tonight taking on Mason Menard in what will be Tagoe’s first U.S. fight since 2013.
Listen, I’m not trying to sell you on anything or argue that this is a must-see event, but I do think there’s a nice chance of this being a bit of a sleeper card in terms of entertainment. We’ll be here, come on in and join us!
Full Card (DAZN, 8:00 pm ET)
- Daniel Jacobs (36-3, 30 KO) vs Gabriel Rosado (25-12-1, 14 KO), super middleweights, 12 rounds
- Daniyar Yeleussinov (9-0, 5 KO) vs Julius Indongo (23-2, 12 KO), welterweights, 10 rounds
- Nikita Ababiy (9-0, 6 KO) vs Brandon Maddox (7-3-1, 5 KO), middleweights, 6 rounds
- Mahammadrasul Majidov (2-0, 2 KO) vs Sahret Delgado (8-0, 7 KO), heavyweights, 8 rounds
- Emmanuel Tagoe (31-1, 15 KO) vs Mason Menard (36-4, 25 KO), lightweights, 10 rounds