- Eimantas Stanionis TKO-9 Janer Gonzalez (0:45) [Recap]
- Eumir Marcial UD-4 Andrew Whitfield (40-36, 40-36, 40-36) [Recap]
- Fernando Molina UD-6 Teodoro Alonso (59-55, 60-54, 60-54) [Recap]
- Jose Perez TKO-4 Jose Edgardo Garcia (0:39) [Recap]
Tonight at 9 pm ET on FS1, Premier Boxing Champions return with another boxer-studded card from Los Angeles, with welterweights Eimantas Stanionis and Janer Gonzalez squaring off in a 10-round main event, plus three more fights on the undercard.
Lithuania’s Stanionis, 26, just fought on Nov. 4, beating Justin DeLoach via ninth round stoppage, and is turning right around five weeks later to stay busy. The 33-year-old Gonzalez, from Colombia, doesn’t really pose much of a threat on paper. Despite a respectable looking W-L record, he’s ranked No. 441 in the world by BoxRec at 147 pounds; he’s got a very “Colombian boxing” record, empty on quality. He’s lost his last three fights in the U.S. to Radzhab Butaev, Jamal James, and Ivan Golub. If Stanionis is what PBC hope him to be, he should win without much trouble here.
How to Watch Stanionis vs Gonzalez
Date: Wednesday, Dec. 16 | Start Time: 9:00 pm ET
Location: Shrine Exposition Center - Los Angeles, CA
Probably the most interesting happening on the undercard is the pro debut of Filipino middleweight Eumir Marcial, a 25-year-old southpaw who had qualified for the 2020 Olympics, which of course did not happen as planned. There was a lot of interest in him turning pro in the Philippines, and now he’s doing it. He’s been training at the Wild Card for a couple months because being a Filipino southpaw alone simply was not going to encourage TV broadcasters to bring up Manny Pacquiao enough.
We’ll be here to shoot the breeze in the comments if you’re going to tune in this evening, and we’ll update the main post with fight-by-fight results as the card rolls on. Join us!
Main Card (FS1, 9:00 pm ET)
- Eimantas Stanionis (11-0, 8 KO) vs Janer Gonzalez (19-3-1, 15 KO), welterweights, 10 rounds
- Eumir Marcial (debut) vs Andrew Whitfield (3-1, 2 KO), super middleweights, 4 rounds
- Fernando Molina (3-0, 2 KO) vs Teodoro Alonso (3-2, 0 KO), lightweights, 6 rounds
- Jose Perez (8-1-1, 3 KO) vs Jose Edgardo Garcia (13-0-2, 9 KO), featherweights, 8 rounds
- Swing Fight: Michael Angeletti (debut) vs Jerrell Barbour (1-0, 0 KO), junior featherweights, 4 rounds