With boxing on hold, one of the things promoters and fighters are striving to do is stay in the minds of the sport’s fans, so we’re seeing a lot of new ideas from various places, and Premier Boxing Champions is no different.
PBC will be putting out a bunch of content for fans who, like the fighters and everyone else, are often fighting boredom during these social distancing days.
Here’s a look at what’s coming:
- “Time Out with Ray Flores” will be hosted Mondays — starting today, April 6, at 3 pm ET — on the PBC Instagram page. The first guest will be IBF/WBC welterweight titleholder Errol Spence Jr.
- “PBC Podcast” with Kenneth Bouhairie and Michael Rosenthal will be interviewing PBC fighters, including Danny Garcia as the guest this week.
- “At Home With...” will be a live “hangout” on PBC’s Facebook page every Wednesday and Friday. WBC middleweight titleholder Jermall Charlo will host on April 8, and his twin brother and WBC junior middleweight titleholder Jermell gets the slot on April 10, both starting at 4 pm ET.
- “Going the Distance” will air at 4 pm ET on Thursdays on the PBC YouTube page, with boxers doing commentary over one of their past fights. IBF super middleweight titleholder Caleb Plant will be in the spot on April 9, commentating on his title win over Jose Uzcategui.
- And of course the PBC YouTube page is hosting “PBC Replay” on Saturdays at 8 pm ET, showing entire cards from the company library. This week’s show will be last September’s pay-per-view event headlined by the aforementioned Spence and Shawn Porter, which was a great fight.