After three months of no boxing to cover, we’re back.
Tonight at 7 pm ET on ESPN, Shakur Stevenson headlines Top Rank’s and boxing’s return to action in a 10-round junior lightweight main event against Felix Caraballo.
The card was also set to feature Mikaela Mayer in action, but Mayer tested positive for COVID-19 this weekend and has been pulled from the card. No substitution has been made, as the current state of everything doesn’t allow for short notice replacements, so that fight’s just off and the card goes on otherwise.
That means a somewhat brighter spotlight for heavyweight prospects Jared Anderson and Guido Vianello, in particular, and both are young big guys on the rise you’ll want to see in action.
How to watch Stevenson vs Caraballo
The card starts tonight at 7 pm ET live on ESPN. Unlike usual, there will not be streaming prelim fights on ESPN+ — there are still prelim fights, but they’ll air on ESPN, as the network is, of course, desperate to fill air time with new, live sports programming of any kind, so even boxing prelims get the glory of national cable television right now.
Here’s the full card:
Main Card (ESPN, 7 pm ET)
- Shakur Stevenson (13-0, 7 KO) vs Felix Caraballo (13-1-2, 9 KO), junior lightweights, 10 rounds
- Jared Anderson (3-0, 3 KO) vs Johnnie Langston (8-2, 3 KO), heavyweights, 6 rounds
- Guido Vianello (6-0, 6 KO) vs Donald Haynesworth (16-3-1, 14 KO), heavyweights, 6 rounds
- Quatavious Cash (11-2, 7 KO) vs Calvin Metcalf (10-3-1, 3 KO), middleweights, 6 rounds
- Robeisy Ramirez (2-1, 2 KO) vs Yeuri Andujar (5-3, 3 KO), featherweights, 6 rounds