- Jose Zepeda UD-10 Kendo Castaneda (97-93, 98-92, 98-92)
- Luis Lopez SD-10 Andy Vences (94-96, 96-94, 96-94)
- Andres Cortes UD-8 Alejandro Salinas (76-75, 77-74, 79-73)
- Gabriel Muratalla UD-4 Sergio Lopez (39-37, 40-36, 40-36)
Top Rank Boxing on ESPN is back tonight at 8 pm ET, with junior welterweight contender Jose Zepeda taking on short-notice opponent Kendo Castaneda in the main event from Las Vegas.
Zepeda, 31, is a southpaw who lost a very competitive title fight with Jose Ramirez in Feb. 2019, and returned last September to score a strong win over Jose Pedraza. Zepeda was in action last Thursday and looked strong and fit at 140, meaning that may be an even better win for Zepeda than we first thought, wondering then if Pedraza was maybe just fighting too heavy at 140.
Castaneda, 26, is a San Antonio fighter who headlined some UFC Fight Pass shows promoted by Roy Jones Jr, then stepped it up a bit in February of this year, losing to fellow unbeaten prospect Yomar Alamo via majority decision in a Telemundo main event. Castaneda is here replacing the injured Ivan Baranchyk, and all things considered he’s a pretty good fighter to get in on such short notice.
Zepeda-Castaneda is being fought at a 144-pound catchweight.
Junior lightweights Andy Vences and Luis Alberto Lopez will be in the co-feature, and four more fights are on the card, including a BUBBLE! return for Gabriel Muratalla.
Here’s the full lineup:
Main Card (ESPN, 8:00 pm ET)
- Jose Zepeda (31-2, 25 KO) vs Kendo Castaneda (17-1, 8 KO), catchweight (144), 10 rounds
- Andy Vences (23-1-1, 12 KO) vs Luis Alberto Lopez (20-2, 11 KO), junior lightweights, 10 rounds
- Andres Cortes (12-0, 7 KO) vs Alejandro Salinas (10-3, 9 KO), lightweights, 8 rounds
- Gabriel Muratalla (3-0, 3 KO) vs Sergio Lopez (4-5-3, 0 KO), bantamweights, 4 rounds