20-year-old American middleweight prospect Lorenzo “Truck” Simpson has signed an advisory deal with MTK Global as he looks to get a foothold and break out in the near future.
Simpson, a Baltimore native, has a record of (8-0, 5 KO), and has managed to squeeze in two fights this year — wins on Jan. 25 and July 11 — and is set to fight again on Aug. 29. The January win came on the prelims of the Garcia-Redkach card in Brooklyn, and his last fight was in Biloxi, Miss., where his next fight will also be held on a CBS Sports Network-televised card.
Simpson has been on a few PBC cards already in his career, but hasn’t made any big deals with anyone until now.
“I’m really pleased to sign an advisory deal with MTK Global,” Simpson said via press release. “They manage a number of incredible fighters such as Tyson Fury, Billy Joe Saunders, Josh Taylor and more, so to be part of the same team as those guys is great.
“I’m unbeaten in my professional career so far, and now with my uncle Raheem and Xquizit Sports working with MTK Global, I’m looking forward to seeing where we can go from here. I boxed around the world as an amateur, so hopefully with this new deal that can happen again and fans from all over the globe can see me in action.”
“We’ve expanded into America recently with the unveiling of the MTK Tucson Gym, and with other moves in the USA on the horizon soon, we’re certain that Lorenzo can spearhead our presence in the country and become a huge name,” said MTK Global CEO Bob Yalen.
“He’s clearly a very exciting fighter and brings with him a superb amateur pedigree, so I urge fans to keep an eye on his progression because he’s definitely capable of achieving plenty of success.”
Simpson’s next fight is currently scheduled to be against 29-year-old Floridian Sonny Duversonne (11-0-2, 8 KO). He’s definitely a young fighter on the prospect radar at 160, so hopefully this will wind up working out for him.