It was already expected that the Floyd Mayweather vs Logan Paul exhibition wasn’t going to be happening as intended, and now that’s official.
TMZ reports that the exhibition officially will not be happening as planned on Feb. 20, with “COVID and other things” blamed for the postponement.
Paul had already basically said that the “fight” was not going to be taking place on its scheduled date, so this should be no surprise to anyone. There really might be a better time to do this in a few months, or later in the year if there’s more availability to get crowds into an arena, and maybe people are more actively looking to buy a pay-per-view between a retired boxing star and a dude from YouTube. (And there will be people willing to do so, but the question of how many still remains.)
Fear not, the boxing world will somehow manage to go on that Saturday evening. ESPN will have Miguel Berchelt vs Oscar Valdez, which should be a war, and Showtime has Adrien Broner’s return, too.
For what it’s worth, Mayweather has still said and posted absolutely nothing to his own social media about this, almost as if he’s completely disinterested in the entire thing.