- Jermall Charlo UD-12 Juan Macias Montiel (118-109, 119-109, 120-108) [Highlights & Recap]
- Isaac Cruz UD-10 Francisco Vargas (97-92, 99-90, 100-89) [Highlights & Recap]
- Angelo Leo MD-10 Aaron Alameda (98-92, 96-94, 95-95) [Highlights & Recap]
Tonight at 9 pm ET on Showtime, Jermall Charlo returns to the ring in his hometown of Houston, defending the WBC middleweight title against Juan Macias Montiel in the main event.
John N. Hansen will be handling the live coverage for this show, so join him in the comments to discuss tonight’s action as it goes on.
Charlo last fought in Sept. 2020, beating Sergiy Derevyanchenko in another successful title defense, and truth be told, pretty much everyone sees this as a step back in competition. Montiel has never been considered a true contender, but he can punch, so there’s always that.
How to Watch Charlo vs Montiel
Date: Saturday, June 19 | Start Time: 9:00 pm ET
Location: Toyota Center - Houston, TX
Streaming: Showtime | TV: Showtime
Online Coverage: BadLeftHook.com
The card will also feature a lightweight bout between the always-fun Isaac Cruz and Francisco Vargas, who has had his share of wars, as well, plus a junior featherweight fight between Angelo Leo and Aaron Alameda. (Alameda missed weight on Friday, but the fight goes on.)
Main Card (SHO, 9:00 pm ET)
- Jermall Charlo (31-0, 22 KO) vs Juan Macias Montiel (22-4-2, 22 KO), middleweights, 12 rounds, for Charlo’s WBC title
- Isaac Cruz (21-1-1, 15 KO) vs Francisco Vargas (27-2-2, 19 KO), lightweights, 10 rounds
- Angelo Leo (20-1, 9 KO) vs Aaron Alameda (25-1, 13 KO), junior featherweights, 10 rounds