We’re winding down the 2020 Tokyo Olympics in general, and that means the boxing is closing up soon, too.
We’ve got eight bouts to go, four tonight and four more tomorrow. We’ll have gold medalists in the men’s and women’s flyweight divisions, plus men’s middleweight and women’s welterweight in this session.
Live coverage starts at 1 am ET. All live updates will come in this stream:
We’ve already settled the score in five divisions, four for the men and one for the women. The Cubans have been strong again on the men’s side, with three fighters each winning their second Olympic gold medals, and host country Japan picked up the first boxing gold of the Games courtesy featherweight Sena Irie.
- Women’s Featherweight: Sena Irie, Japan
- Men’s Featherweight: Albert Batyrgaziev, Russian Olympic Committee
- Men’s Welterweight: Roniel Iglesias, Cuba
- Men’s Light Heavyweight: Arlen Lopez, Cuba
- Men’s Heavyweight: Julio la Cruz, Cuba
Who joins the gold medalists later? We’ll find out! Join us!