Oscar De La Hoya did a short Q&A session on his Instagram, giving his thoughts on the fight at the Canelo-Plant press conference on Tuesday and more, including the Ryan Garcia vs Joseph Diaz Jr fight ordered by the WBC.
Asked his thoughts on the Tuesday presser dust-up, Oscar — who previously promoted Canelo Alvarez and didn’t exactly part on good terms — had nothing bad to say.
“I thought it was great. It’s gonna be a great fight, can’t wait to see it,” he said. “It was definitely real. That left hook that (Plant) threw and Canelo dodged from, was real. Absolutely real.”
But when asked by someone else who would win in a matchup between a prime De La Hoya and a prime Canelo, Oscar scoffed, replying, “Are you fucking kidding me? Come on.” That answer may not say it directly, but probably says enough to get across what he thinks.
As for the return of Garcia against Diaz, that appears to be coming together. Garcia had previously said he hoped to fight again in October, but given it’s Sept. 22, that seems incredibly unlikely. De La Hoya said the fight is “definitely” going to happen, and that he’s “working on it for the end of the year.”
A few more notes:
On whether he’d fight Floyd Mayweather again: “Only if he accepts my $100 million dollars.”
On fighting again even though he doesn’t need to: “It makes me feel alive.”
On whether he’s ever farted in a fight: “I’ve actually never farted, but I’ve sharted.” (Look, it’s social media.)
On Olympic gold vs pro world titles: “My Olympic gold medal will always be my everything.”