Rising star and top Matchroom prospect Dalton Smith won what you would call his first title of real note today in Sheffield, capturing the British title at 140 lbs with a sixth round stoppage win over Sam O’maison.
Smith (12-0, 10 KO) had no real trouble in the fight, just outclassing and dominating O’maison (17-4-1, 7 KO), a 31-year-old southpaw who represented a solid “next step” for Smith, and it’s a test once again passed with flying colors for the 25-year-old Sheffield native, who looks set to become a draw in the city.
A couple highlights from the fight:
- Sandy Ryan UD-10 Erica Farias: Ryan gets a measure of revenge from her loss to Farias in March.
- Johnny Fisher TKO-6 Michael Reissinger
- Campbell Hatton PTS-6 Michal Dufek
- Jordan Thompson UD-10 Vasil Ducar
- Hopey Price PTS-8 Alexander Mejia
- Aqib Fiaz PTS-6 Jordan Ellison
- Junaid Bostan TKO-6 Jose Manuel Lopez
- Nico Leivars D-6 Angel Gabriel Chavez
- Kieron Conway TKO-8 Gregory Trenel