- Angel Ruiz KO-6 Luis Collazo (0:32) [Highlights and recap]
- Vadim Musaev TKO-1 Martin Alvarez (2:03) [Highlights and recap]
- Jose Salas UD-10 Prince Dzanie (100-89, 100-89, 100-89) [Highlights and recap]
ProBox TV are back on the airwaves tonight, or the streamwaves or however we put it now, with veteran Luis Collazo facing Angel Ruiz in a 10-round junior middleweight main event.
John Hansen will be here for coverage starting at 8 pm ET.
Collazo, now 41, hasn’t fought since since an Aug. 2021 no-contest against Eimantas Stanionis, and hasn’t won a fight since beating Samuel Vargas in Mar. 2019. We’re long removed from the days of Collazo (39-8, 20 KO) being a contender and titleholder in the welterweight division — you may remember him fighting Ricky Hatton in 2006, or Shane Mosley in 2007, among other bouts — but in recent years, he has still won fights at this level, owing to a crafty style designed to age pretty well.
Ruiz (17-2-1, 12 KO) is a 25-year-old Mexican, a fellow southpaw, and 1-2-1 in his last four fights. But his win was a good one in 2021 on Ring City USA, where he beat Bobby Mominov (who hasn’t fought since), which led to a 10-round loss to Giovanni Santillan six months later. His last bout was an eight-round draw against Jesus Pina Najera in Mexico about 10 months ago.
Also on the card:
- Prince Dzanie (23-0, 19 KO) takes on Jose Salas (11-0, 9 KO) in a meeting of unbeaten relative unknowns. Dzanie is a 38-year-old from Ghana whose record has amounted to him being ranked No. 212 in the world by BoxRec, while the 21-year-old Salas, from Mexico, is at No. 137. They’ll meet in a 10-rounder at 122 lbs.
- Sweden’s Robin Safar (15-0, 11 KO) and Kansas native DeShon Webster (12-6-3, 6 KO) will meet in an eight-round cruiserweight fight. Safar is 30, Webster is 32 and is 0-4-3 in his last seven fights, with losses to some guys you may have seen before, including Brandon Glanton and Tervel Pulev.
- You might see an eight-round welterweight fight between Vadim Musaev (5-0, 2 KO) of Russia and Martin Alvarez (7-0, 6 KO) of Mexico. Alvarez has fought at 130, 140, 147, and 160 in his “career” so far. Musaev started at 154 but has worked his way down to 147, and was on a ProBox show last September, as he’s now based in Florida.
UPDATE: Great capsules for your evening’s entertainment, so we’ll keep everything Scott wrote above. But, the bout sheet from ProBox says you’ll see:
Main Card (ProBox TV and YouTube, 8:00 Eastern)
- Luis Collazo (39-8, 20 KO) vs Angel Ruiz (17-2-1, 12 KO), junior middleweights, 10 rounds
- Vadim Musaev (5-0, 2 KO) vs Martin Alvarez (7-0, 6 KO), “welterweights” (Alvarez weighed in at 150.8 lbs.), 6 rounds
- Prince Dzanie (23-0, 19 KO) vs Jose Salas (11-0, 9 KO), featherweights, 10 rounds