1. Players must risk points to win points. Each player starts the 10 week season with 0 points. That of course means that players can go into the negatives, but will not be limited in their playing options should that happen.
2. You have the option of passing on any pick rather than risking points.
3. You also have the option of doubling on up to 10 picks over the course of the 10 week season. This will double your risk/reward for any given selection.
4. Along with 10 doubles, players also have the option of tripling on up to 5 picks over the season. Your risk/reward will be tripled for these picks.
5. Along with the option to double or triple, you also have the option to be more conservative and only risk 1/2 points on any selection.
6. Simply for participating and risking points on at least one selection, players will receive a bonus of 10 points for playing each week.
7. Cut-off time for valid picks is the beginning of the broadcast. Such times will be clearly stated in the setup for each pick. Picks posted after the cut-off will be considered late and will not be counted (doubles/triples will not be forfeited).
8. Should you wish change a selection, please reply to your own post with the specified changes. Of course, this is only allowed if the broadcast has not started yet (see rule #7).
9. On occasions when a fight ends in a draw, points (along with doubles and triples) will be refunded to all players that made a selection on the bout. However, for "method of victory" picks, players that select a fighter to win via the knock-out route, will still lose points on draw verdicts.
10. The method for entering your picks is described at the bottom of each game sheet. Note that the numbers in your selections are binding, not the names which you can leave out. The numbers will suffice.
11. Any questions – just ask in the comments section of the weekly game line-up.
Player of the Year Points
At the end of each 10 week season, the top 40 players will receive player of the year points.
Point breakdown: 20 for 1st, 17 for 2nd, 15 for 3rd, 14 for 4th, 13 for 5th, 12 for 6th, 11 for 7th, 10 for 8th, 9 for 9th, 8 for 10th, 7 for 11th-12th, 6 for 13th-14th, 5 for 15th-17th, 4 for 18th through 20th, 3 for 21st through 25th, 2 for 26th through 30th and 1 for 31st through 40th. These point totals will be added together to determine the Pick'em Player of the Year.